Savor faster, safer, more energy-efficient cooking when you replace your natural gas stove with an induction range or cooktop. A rebate is just icing on the cake.
Induction uses electromagnets to heat your pots and pans directly. Cooking times are quicker, and cooking food won’t send wasted heat or pollutants into the air — for a safer, healthier home.
Your new energy induction range or cooktop must replace an existing natural gas range or cooktop. New cooktops may not be induction/electric hybrids.
Get up to $250 cash back on your induction range or cooktop upgrade.
See which upgrades qualify and how much you can earn:
|High-Efficiency Appliance Upgrade||Rebate|
Induction Range or Cooktop
Induction electric range (no hybrid) or cooktop (must replace existing natural gas range or cooktop)
*Rebate amounts are subject to change.
- Rebates are available on a first-come, first-served basis and available for qualifying Bay Area residents with homes built in 2016 or earlier.
- Customers who receive only one, electric or gas, service from PG&E can apply for measures that correspond to the services received.
- Customer must not have previously received a rebate for the same product or equipment from more than one energy-efficiency program offering rebates, financing or other rebates funded with PG&E ratepayer dollars within the past three years for O&M measures and eight years for building shell, HVAC and water heating measures.
- One rebate is offered per measure per address.
- Rebates are capped at $4,000 per eligible customer over an eight-year period. Individual measure rebates may not exceed the measure cost.
To receive a rebate for your induction range or cooktop, you will need to provide:
- Photo(s) of existing appliance(s)
- Photo(s) of installed new appliance and capped gas line(s) that fed the original appliance
- Scan/copy of appliance purchase receipt, showing PAID IN FULL, with model number
- Full copy of your most recent PG&E bill
All necessary documentation can be uploaded in the rebate portal, linked here: https://bayren.myrebateportal.com/
More Efficient Appliance Upgrades
Replace your gas water heater for great rebates, big energy savings and better air quality in your home